Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Remember






I'll forget you.
I won't remember arms that pulled me in soft
and slow.
I'll forget you.
There has to be a way to let you go.
No more shadows,
No dreams of leaning in the dark above you.
I will forget how much I love you any day.
But every evening shivers
with the chance that you are near
and every morning whispers
“He is here.”
Each moment is a fight
not to rush into your light,
not to move closer
but to make you disappear.
I'll forget you.
I've got to find the strength
to pull away from your glow.
I'll forget you!
God help me see
the way to let you go!
I do not want you
and still you steal each breath
I'm breathing from me.
with just a touch you overcome me,
and I let you.
Credit to picture
I will forget you
when I die.









This is an excerpt from my favorite song.  It's from  the play "The Scarlet Pimpernel."  It's a beautiful song about a women having trouble forgetting a man she had an affair and fell in love with.  I really like how it's written and in the past, I've related to it.  It's about having trouble forgetting a good memory and her heart and mind arguing.  Sometimes, remembering is a bad thing.


1 comment:

  1. A lot of times remembering is a bad thing. I like that you chose to do this assignment in this way. It's very relatable and gives people an insight into your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete