Wednesday, November 30, 2011

The Things I'm Grateful For

I am grateful for
Eyes to see the beauty in this world,
Ears to listen to music and laughter,
Being able to wrinkle my nose,
And dance around on my tippy toes,
Lips for which I can smile,
A mouth for laughing all the while,
Hands to build,
And a heart to beat,
Pumping blood from blushing cheeks to my feet,
opposable thumbs for playing thumb wars,
And a wishful heart that beats and soars.


Credits to picture
I'm thankful for
Two mothers
And two fathers,
They love me all the same,
Amazing friends that brighten the world
And make it not so plain,
A love to hold me in his arms
and keep me from life's harms,
Siblings whose mistakes I learn
But upside-down the world I'd turn,
A roof over my head,
and blankets in my bed.

I'm grateful for my life,
I wouldn't ask for more.
Life, family, friends are the things I'm thankful for.

2 comments:

  1. I like this post more specifically the layout of your page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing. You are such a good writer!
    -Handshake buddy :)

    ReplyDelete